Re: 2.6.19, kernel-package problems and what are our plans for etch ...

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 11:36:30AM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 08:26:10PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> >   - What is stopping 2.6.18 to enter testing ? The PTS says "Should ignore,
> >     but forced by vorlon", so does this mean it will enter testing today ?
> >     What about the remaining (or new) RC bugs ? Some of them being open
> >     against 2.6.17, so also present in testing.
>
> We need another upload of linux-2.6 and linux-modules-extra-2.6 to fix
> the following issues:
> linux-2.6:
> - Some small security fixes.
> - Fix for internal posix types support for s390.
> - Conflict with too old initramfs generators, the fallback entry matches
>   them also.
> - Don't longer disable serial drivers in xen images.
> linux-modules-extra-2.6:
> - Disable squashfs on arm, does not work.

I'm sorry to say that, but my current position is to veto any future
linux-2.6 upload, unless it also implements the changes to the
orig.tar.gz in accordance with the release position statement [0]
following the firmware GR.

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2006/10/msg00541.html

Best regards,
--