Re: m68k not a release arch for etch; status in testing, future plans?

On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 01:09:13AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

>         Can someone point me to these assumptions?

The last such issue I remember was a result of the kernel building certain
tools using the host (i386) compiler which were needed for building the
remainder of the package, and then shipping those same tools in one of the
(m68k) binary packages for use by add-on module packages.  Typical "does not
play well with cross-building" stuff, which may have been resolved already.