Re: D-I RC1 related hint reqest

Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> writes:

> Please add the following hint:
>
> # Important fix for inputbox breakage under non-ASCII locales
> unblock newt/0.52.2-8
>
> Please also force hint cryptsetup. It seems to be blocked by an FTBFS, but
> I don't think that should block migration.

The FTBFS is new. Isn't the bashism blocking it since way before that?

The FTBFS is that it fails to build in etch (patches generated files
and they differ there). The only way that will ever build reliable is
with a strict versioned Build-Depends on the specific auto* packages
for which the patch was written. A nightmare for security.

> An unblock hint is already in place (vorlon).
>
> Note that for debconf an old hint by aba is still listed on the PTS page.
>
> TIA,
> FJP

MfG
        Goswin