severity 388780 important
severity 388676 important
severity 388331 important
severity 388781 important
severity 388783 important
severity 388156 important
thanks

Hi Bill,

Thanks for all your work on QAing packages for the release.

After discussion on #debian-release (where you're welcome to join us, btw,
whenever you have time), the conclusion is that purging packages with
debconf removed from the system does not accurately model a real-world
problem (865 packages in unstable depend on debconf, including 2 required
packages, 7 important packages, and 9 standard packages), so in spite of
being a policy violation these bugs should not be treated as
release-critical.

The other purge bugs you've reported all involve packages that it's much
more realistic for a user to remove from their system (netbase: 5 standard
reverse-deps, nothing higher; ucf: 1 standard reverse-dep), so I agree that
these should be treated as RC.

Thanks,