Re: installer sata support

On Wednesday 13 September 2006 04:12, Brian Braunstein wrote:
> have the recent installer updates enabled support for common SATA
> drives like ubuntu and fedora have done?   if not, are these updates
> coming soon or just go ahead and install (k)ubuntu or another
> distribution with a more functional installer instead?

You should install whatever distribution works best for you.

When the Debian installer switches from the current 2.6.17 kernel to the
upcoming 2.6.18 kernel it will gain default support for libata ATAPI
support. Until that time the workaround described in [1] should work.

Other than that, I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Cheers,
FJP

P.S. Your use of the term "more functional installer" is pretty offensive.
Differences in installation systems are mostly the result of differences
between the goals and principles of the project and have nothing to do
with the installer per se.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/SataAtapiHowto