Re: licq on arm

On Sat, Sep 09, 2006 at 02:02:47PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I've been maintaining the licq package for over two years now, and it
> seems that the arm build gets lost at every single upload.  I have
> regularly sent reminders to the buildd maintainers, but there was no
> consistent reaction.  It almost appears as though this package is
> blacklisted in same fashion.

At a guess, I would say:

 /bin/sh ../libtool --silent --mode=link g++  -Wall -O2 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new   -o licq_rms.la -rpath /usr/lib/licq/ -s -module -avoid-version -rpath /usr/lib/licq/ rms.lo main.lo
 ../libtool: line 3832: ELF [0-9][0-9]*-bit [LM]SB (shared object|dynamic lib ): command not found

doesn't pass the buildd maintainer's sanity-checks for build logs, and is
not being uploaded because James believes/suspects that the build is broken
and should *not* be installed in the archive.

It's suboptimal to not have a bug filed about this, of course, but if this
is the problem you can resolve it yourself by updating the version of
libtool you're using in the package.  It is known that older versions of
libtool did not support arm properly.