Re: Preparation of the next stable Debian GNU/Linux update (I)

Kevin B. McCarty wrote:
> Second, is it planned to include the next round of security updates to
> the Mozilla family by Alexander Sack?  (cf. [0] [1])  For some reason
> these don't seem to have gone into security.d.o yet and it would be very
> nice to ship mozilla* packages that are up-to-date with security fixes.

They are still building.

Although I'm not speaking for the SRM anymore, they have to draw
the line at some date after which no updates are possible anymore
or they won't be able to update stable at all, because there are
always some security updates in preparation.

> Third, please note that even if those updates don't get into Sarge r3,
> the existing mozilla-thunderbird security update needs a bin-NMU on i386
> [2].

Eeks.

In case somebody is working on an NMU, please get in touch with
the security team so that it doesn't annulate the upcoming security
update.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Whenever you meet yourself you're in a time loop or in front of a mirror.