NFSv4

On Monday 17 July 2006 17:00, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 01:18:41PM +0000, Marc Brockschmidt wrote:
> > There was a new request for another approved release goal, that is NFS
> > v4 support.  We approved that goal.
>
> AFAICS, that goal has been completed for a while.

Small question that could help improving performance here :-)

Does the current NFSv4 implementation already allow client-side on-disk
caching?  IIRC the standard does specify it, but a quick look at
linux-nfs.org confuses me - some pages speak about delegations, but OTOH
the end user pages like
http://wiki.linux-nfs.org/index.php/NFSv4_Introduction don't mention
anything.

--