Re: Debian Installer - Etch Beta 3 release

On Thursday 22 June 2006 22:29, Frans Pop wrote:
> Now that 2.6.16-15 kernels have been uploaded to unstable (using a
> linux-2.6.16 source package), we can start thinking about the Etch Beta
> 3 release of D-I.

For d-i development this means that we are now in "stabilizing and
bugfixing" mode.
So, please contact me before committing changes that are not in that
category and avoid (or delay) string changes if possible.

It also means that any testing you can do is very welcome.

A very rough estimate for the release date: mid July.
The actual schedule very much depends on kernel image migration to testing
and the availability of kernel image meta packages in testing.

This will be the last Beta release before Etch. The intention is to work
towards an RC1 release after that.
I have listed some release goals for RC1 on [1]. Please let me know if
you'd like to add anything.
We should probably also start tracking individual issues that should be
solved before Etch.

Thanks,
FJP

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/EtchBeta3Prep