stable update of firebird2-dev?

Hi,

I am unceratin whether a particular packaging bug warrants an upload
to stable.

We currently have the following files in firebird2-dev/stable:

usr/include/*.h
usr/lib/firebird2/include/include - a symlink to /usr/include
usr/share/doc/firebird2-dev/ - the usual stuff

As you can see, no libXYZ.so symlink is provided.

On the other hand, libfirebird2-super and libfirebird2-classic have:
usr/lib/firebird2/lib/libfbclient.so
usr/lib/firebird2/lib/libgds.so
usr/lib/libfbclient.so.1
usr/lib/libfbclient.so.1.5.1
usr/lib/libgds.so -> libgds.so.0
usr/lib/libgds.so.0

libgds is the canonnical name of the library for versions up to 1.0.
stable has 1.5.1, on which the cannonical name is libfbclient.
However, there is no libfbclient.so symlink. On stable, libgds and
libfbclient are the same thing.

This is a clear bug (no .so symlink in -dev), but I doubt it warrants
fixing in stable for the following reasons (on which I'd like to read
your opinion):
1) obviously, any debian package build-depending on firebird2-dev
managed to compile happily using libgds.so from libfirebird2-*
2) the complain I got was about 3rd party (not in debian) package that
relied on libfbclient.so for building. This package is already fixed
to fallback to libgds.so.

Thanks for your time,
dam
--
Damyan Ivanov                           Modular Software Systems
dam@modsoftsys.com