Re: need help

This one time, at band camp, Sven Luther said:
> On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 11:57:08AM +0530, Deepak Tripathi wrote:
> > Hi all
> > if any debian developer is there then please advocate my application i am
> > wating for an advovate.
> > email id :- apenguinlinux@gmail.com
> > Name :- Deepak Tripathi
>
> Well, it would help if you spoke a bit more about yourself, and described what
> parts of debian you work on aor plan to work on.

Er, sorry, but I can't imagine wanting to advocate someone just becuase
they described themselves to me.  If you are doing that, please stop.

Deepak, the normal way to find an advocate is by working with someone
either as a comaintainer or as a sponsor/sponsee sort of relationship.
After doing that for a while, they should be able to tell whether or not
you are ready to be advocated.  Also, the usual mailing list for finding
people who want to work with new maintainers is the debian-mentors list.
Please start a discussion over there about what you want to do.

Take care, and good luck.