Re: xorg material under GLX Public License and SGI Free Software.

On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 04:11:22AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 11:12:12PM -0300, Gustavo Franco wrote:

> > Do you have any opinion about #211765 ? It's really old, and has
> > "sarge-ignore" and "upstream" tags, but will keep new xorg out of
> > testing after we solve #367986. Are we going to ignore this for Etch
> > or what?

> It will not keep xorg out of testing, because a hint is in place to override
> these two bugs (one being clearly a pre-existing bug, the other probably has
> overinflated severity).

> Looks like this hint is currently not taking effect, though; I'll look into
> this to see if I can figure out why.

... as for it being ignored for etch, no, I don't see any reason why a known
licensing bug should continue to go unaddressed for over three years.

I think I heard that SGI has declared bankruptcy now, so maybe someone can
fix this by buying the code for cheap and relicensing it :-P