From: Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 02:55:39 +0200
To: Gustavo Franco <gustavorfranco@gmail.com>
Cc: debian-devel@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: openssl will block bacula into etch?

"Gustavo Franco" <gustavorfranco@gmail.com> writes:

> On 5/27/06, John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Looking on packages.qa.debian.org, I'm seeing some confusing
>> information and am hoping someone can help me figure out what's going
>> on.
>>
>> The bacula page lists a depends on openssl, which is accurate, and
>> says "not considered" -- which I guess means that bacula can't be
>> considered for migration to testing.
>>
>> The openssl page says "Not touching package, as requested by freeze".
>> I have no idea what that means, or if it impacts bacula.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>

> It happens when the release team block the transition (sid->testing)
> for some reason. Ask in -release if nobody replies.
>
> regards,
> -- stratus

Any source that builds udebs is always frozen (openssl builds
libcrypto0.9.8-udeb). Udebs have to be moved into testing manualy and
without the freeze the source+deb and udeb versions would drift apart.
Another reason for this is so that the Debian-installer have a
consistent set of udebs to work with.

You have to ask -release to hint openssl in if the bacula change is
important.

MfG
        Goswin