libusb: new ABI on arm

Hi all,

A few months before the sarge release, I have received a bug report telling me that libusb is not usable on arm. It was due to a structure alignment, and I fixed that by using the aligned attribute of gcc, and I sent the patch to the upstream.

Recently, the upstream answer me he have merged another fix, which is not ABI compatible with mine. The only affected architecture is arm.

The question is should we use this "new" ABI and do a transition? libusb in Debian is working correctly on arm, but that means that the binaries are not compatible with other distributions. Is it really a problem? Also note there will probably be an API + ABI transition for libusb in etch+1, so we can use back the upstream ABI at this point.

Bye,
Aurelien

 : :' :  Debian GNU/Linux developer | Electrical Engineer