Re: libkpathsea3 removal: Please trigger bin-NMU recompilations of the following packages

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 02:23:04PM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
> Dear release team,

> libkpathsea3 is obsolete, and we're hoping to be able to remove it from
> the archive for etch.  A couple of packages still depend on it.  Since
> the API hasn't changed, and libkpathsea4-dev now provides
> libkpathsea-dev, a rebuild of the package should be sufficient.

I'm afraid not.  Because these packages build-depend on libkpathsea-dev (I
assume -- I haven't reviewed all of them), and there is still a *real*
libkpathsea-dev package in the archive, the autobuilders will prefer this
real package instead of libkpathsea4-dev's Provides.

If you remove libkpathsea-dev from the libkpathsea3 package (or drop
libkpathsea3 altogether from unstable), then it should be possible to binNMU
these -- assuming they're all binNMU-safe.  (have you checked for that,
btw?)