removing xdelta?

Currently the packages depending on xdelta (which has a long-standing grave bug
which nobody has managed to track down, #147187) are
  gibraltar-bootsupport (not in testing)
  ttf-arphic-uming (just a Suggests)
  ttf-arphic-ukai (just a Suggests)

How about removing xdelta from testing?

And what do you think should be done about it in unstable?  Forcible orphaning?
Removal from unstable (requesting that gibraltar-bootsupport find an alternative)?
What?  (note that xdelta2 is already gone).

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@twcny.rr.com>

Theocracy, fascism, or absolute monarchy -- I don't care which it is, I don't like it.