Re: Accepted perl 5.8.4-8sarge4 (source sparc all)

Hi Brendan,

> Changes:
>  perl (5.8.4-8sarge4) stable; urgency=low
>  .
>    * Don't generate broken md5sums for libperl5.8 (closes: #354466).
>    * Preserve timestamps in /usr/share/doc.
>    * Fix problem with utf8/taint interaction (thanks to Steinar
>      Gunderson for analysis/patch).
>  .
>    * Fix test of reenterant function return values which was causing
>      perl to malloc itself to death if ERANGE was encountered before
>      ENOENT (such as a long line in /etc/group; see: #227621).

we noticed that you uploaded perl. Could you please give a more verbose
reasoning why this upload should go into the next stable point release.
Your changelog did not really point out which of the issues are release
critical.

Please also note that this upload was especially problematic since it
overwrote an security upload.

Greetings
Martin