Re: new upstream GNUstep packages (yet another transition)

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:20:32 +0100, Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> said:

> Re: Hubert Chan 2006-03-15 <[🔎] 87wtewjomu.fsf@evinrude.uhoreg.ca>
>> Adam released a new version of GNUstep Make and Base today that bumps
>> the soversion of -base.  That means yet another GNUstep library
>> transition.  argh.  Hopefully this transition will go much smoother
>> than the last one (although we're still waiting on a few things in
>> NEW).

> Hrm. Can we at least try to have the current gnustep in etch before
> starting over again?

Hmm.  I suppose you're right, since we're close to being there.

Can someone enlighten me as to some details about migration to testing?
e.g. If the new gnustep-gui moves to testing, that will break, for
example, the version of affiche that is in testing, and the version of
affiche that is in unstable can't move to testing until the new
gnustep-gui goes into testing.  When gnustep-gui is ready to migrate to
testing, once all the other packages that depend on it are rebuilt, will
everything go in automatically, or will I need to bug someone to
override something?

Thanks

--
Hubert Chan - email & Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca - http://www.uhoreg.ca/