Re: non-free firmware in the linux kernel

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 11:03:13PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> I think everyone agrees that a) is not a possibility. Both b) and c) require a
> non-negligible amount of work, altough b) is less work than c), but c) is the
> better solution, and also to the best of my knowledge the one which upstream
> seems to favour, altough both may mean a long-term additional work for the
> kernel-team, work which the kernel team is not really prepared to make, which
> leaves d). Not sure if d) is politically right right now with regard to the
> GFDL situation, but that is another issue, which will then need to be debated.

Oh, i forgot, this also means, if we go either b) or c), to create a new
non-free-but-distribuable section in out archive, which would more easily be
included on CD medias and such, or it will be ways more painful than needed on
our users.

Friendly,

Sven Luther