KDE hint issues
Based on the packages which come out as uninstallable on the release
architectures, except hppa. Essentially they're all due to brand new
* guarddog: Brand new upload just for new upstream version. Suggest removing.
* kwave: Brand new upload just for new upstream version. Suggest removing.
* ocaml-core: From meta-ocaml, depends on cameleon
* cameleon: Broken by dependencies, see below
The following are all packages formerly produced from the cameleon source,
but which are no longer produced, which therefore show up as uninstallable:
New cameleon depends on new xml-light
-- which just got a _brand new upload_.
I suspect that the simplest thing to to is to remove cameleon -- and
by necessity, meta-ocaml -- and deal with getting cameleon back in later.
* oooqs-kde: Brand new upload. New upload requires OOo2 and we *really*
don't want to tie that to the KDE hint; but the version in testing uses
the old C++ ABI. Therefore, this should be removed.
If I'm not very much mistaken, these removals will *do it*, and the KDE
hint will go into testing. Well, apart from HPPA. I believe the hint
will have to be converted to a force-hint, or hppa added to the list of
architectures where the uninstallability count can increase, in order for
it to actually work. :-P Time to consider disqualifying hppa as a release
architecture, I guess.
remove cameleon/1.3-7 meta-ocaml/3.08.0-2
Nathanael Nerode <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This space intentionally left blank.