Re: should packages begin using /srv ?

This one time, at band camp, Holger Levsen said:
> > So my question is simply: should packages begin using /srv now ? What is
> > the release teams opinion and decission on this ? (Steve commented on IRC
> > that it would be good to have this decission made by the team and in an
> > archived media.)
>
> I'm still patiently waiting for a reply...

I am not pretending to speak for the release team, so take what I say
with a load of salt.  My reading of /srv is that it is for the local
admin, so packages should not ship files in /srv.  A reasonable thing
might be a script in the package, that creates an instance of something
(TFTboot, web instance, whatever) under /srv, but actually shipping the
files under /srv would be a no-no.

Just IMHO,