Re: D-I - Minor buildd problems

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 01:17:42PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> There are several packages relevant for the installer that have what looks
> like minor problems keeping them from being built on some arches.

> - gtk+2.0-directfb (2.0.9.2-12)
>   Needs to be retried on mipsel; problem should be fixed with new gcc.

> - parted (1.6.25.1-1)
>   Needs to be retried on mips/mipsel; problem should be fixed with new gcc.

Someone said these were being held in reserve for tests on upcoming
autobuilders; I've asked Ryan to confirm.

> - cdebconf (0.91)
>   Failed on alpha and ia64 with strange build dep error; a simple retry
>   may fix this.

No, this is someone trying to be clever and hard-coding a dependency on
libc6 into libgtk+2.0-directfb0.  The correct dependency on alpha and ia64
is libc6.1.  (I have no idea what the alternative on "| libc" is supposed to
do; *nothing* provides "libc" on alpha, and even if it did, it'd be bloody
worthless as a dependency.  We have sonames in our lib package names for a
reason!)

> - partman-auto (46)
>   Strange fakeroot failure; a simple retry may fix this.

Yes, built successfully.