Re: m68k (was Re: C++ transitions status report

Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> writes:

>>> And the following library packages haven't built in c2 versions on
>>> all architectures, and therefore prevent other packages from
>>> transitioning:
>>
>>> pdfkit.framework -- m68k (blocks viewpdf.app, gworkspace.app)
>>
>>m68k should just be ignored for these purposes; the arch is doing much
>>better than in past months, but it's still not quite keeping up to the point
>>that we're checking installability counts there.
>
> Yes, but...
>
> I didn't think it was a good idea to reupload the packages
> depending on that library, or to queue them for rebuilding on m68k,
> since they'd end up linked to the old version of libstdc++ on m68k.
> Until the transitioned library built.
>
> Am I right about that?

If you reupload the package you can Build-Depends: libfoo-dev (>= 1.2-3) |
libfoo-dev, where 1.2-3 is the version with the c2a fix. This would
prevent the buildds from building against the old libfoo-dev as they
always pick the first alternative. (doesn't work for build-essential
stuff)

MfG
        Goswin