Re: testing security status

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 04:43:31PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Another look at security fixes that have not reached testing. Pretty
> boring this time, it's almost all blockage due to kde. Very few missing
> builds are (directly) causing propigation problems for security fixes
> right now, in contrast to last time.

> The best way to fix massive quantities of security holes in testing
> right now would be to get updated mozillae in.

endloop: 73+157: a-6:a-8:h-7:i-8:i-6:m-157:m-6:m-5:p-6:s-8:s-13
    now: 76+157: a-6:a-8:h-7:i-11:i-6:m-157:m-6:m-5:p-6:s-8:s-13
    * i386: mozilla-locale-fr, mozilla-locale-lt, mozilla-thunderbird-locale-sv

Three locales that (once again) need to be updated or removed to get the
mozillae in.  Everything else is ready.  They should probably be RC bugged,
and fixed/removed.

> adduser
> 	5/10 days old
> 	may be worth bumping to medium urgency

The maintainer appears to disagree.

For the KDE-related blockage, I'm considering whether the large number of
security bugs (in addition to the fact that all of the C++ packages involved
are de facto RC-buggy in testing) don't warrant hinting a few of these
stragglers out in order to force the transition now.  There are still a few
of these that we should get resolved first instead, though, such as kismet
and kdebindings.