Re: how to ask for a binNMU?

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 03:40:57PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> fvwm needs a binNMU on ARM for its own sake; it shouldn't be waiting for
> libpng, but it is, becaue one of the ARM autobuilders had an old version
> of libpng12-dev hanging around.

> How does one suggest such a thing?

Asking on this list is the best way to get binNMUs requeued across arbitrary
architectures.

> Likewise gif2png, dillo, ygraph.
>
> (libgdk-pixbuf does too, but it's part of GNOME 1, whereas the others are
> likely to get in well in advance of the main hint.)

I just don't see the point in putting buildds (and buildd maintainers) to
the effort, when getting all of imlib and libpng into testing is in sight
and just needs perl to be sorted out -- and sorting out perl is generally a
much better use of people's time.