Re: mpich C++ transition status

Hi Steffen,

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 01:17:07PM +0200, Steffen Moeller wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 02:08:21AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 07:22:07PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > > Here is the current status of the mpich/hdf5/lam migration.

> > > Only one package still needs an upload:

> > > Source: clustalw-mpi (non-free)

> > FWIW, clustalw-mpi has now been removed from testing due to the RC bug you
> > filed on it previously.  The package can of course get back into testing
> > once it's been rebuilt for the transition, but I don't intend to let the
> > transition be held up for a single non-free package.

> I apologise for not having been more reactive. I am preparing an updated
> version at the moment and will place it at
> http://bioinformatics.pzr.uni-rostock.de/~moeller/clustalw-mpi
> since I understood now that it is urgent. I cannot upload the package
> myself since I am not accepted as a developer yet.

> The package is non-free and hence the uploading of the new version
> implies it being rebuild on several platforms. Popcon knows only about a
> disappointing 7 installations, some of which are mine, hence I am
> considering to ask to remove the package from the distribution.

I am happy to sponsor an upload of this package for you if you want, but I
hesitated because you said you were considering asking for the package's
removal.  There is nothing urgent, since clustalw-mpi has already been
removed from testing as mentioned in my previous mail and no longer blocks
the transition; the package will just be absent from testing until it is
rebuilt.

Hmm, I guess you still haven't published your package at the URL you
mentioned, so there's no reason for me to worry about it right now anyway
:-)