Re: libsigc++-1.2 hint notes

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 02:44:01AM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> I'm trying to get an NMU for glademm uploaded to remove the spurious
> build-dependencies.  After that, I propose that libbonobouimm1.3 and
> libbonobomm1.3 be removed from unstable as they'll be totally unused.

That would need to be taken up with the ftpmasters and the maintainer.
Unlike other gnome*mm libraries that have been removed from unstable
recently, libbonobouimm1.3 and libbonobomm1.3 are not obsolete -- the
bindings may be useful to some people even if they aren't currently used by
any packages we ship.

> gtkglextmm should be removed from testing (bug #320577).  It has no reverse
> dependencies.  Anyway, the new version won't depend on libsigc++-1.2.

That bug is filed against a version of gtkglextmm that's only present in
unstable, and is not by itself grounds for removing the package from
testing.  gtkglextmm will be removed from testing if necessary to let the
other packages in, but we're not there yet.

> libapt-front needs a new upload to fix its RC bug, and needs to be added
> to the hint (depends on apt, depended on by debtags).

No, it doesn't; this is a new package, not present in testing today and
therefore irrelevant to the hint.

> gtkmm2.0/2.2.12-1.3 needs to be added to the hint; there are still a few
> packages which are not being transitioned away from it at this time, namely
> mysql-admin and mysql-query-browser (both of which are otherwise ready to
> go in).

Added, though I don't know it technically needs to be; britney might have
picked it up on its own, but it doesn't hurt to save a few cycles there if
gtkmm2.0 is going to stay installable.

> sigcperl/0.2.0-3 (producing libsigcperl1c2 binary) needs to be added to the
> hint because sigc (producing the libsigc-perl binary) depends on it.

Also added.

> fireflier and cheesetracker will need to be removed from testing, as both
> depend on KDE as well as on gtkmm2.0.

Again, will be done when we're closer to having a viable hint.  (These
packages are commented in http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/hints/vorlon,
btw.)

> Similarly, seq24 and freqtweak will need to be removed, as they
> depend on JACK as well as libsigc++-1.2.

Ok, noted.

Thanks,