Re: Circular testing exuses for swt-gtk and swingwt

2005/9/28, Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com>:
> >These excuses seem to be circular between swingwt and swt-gtk.
> Classic "hint" situation.  They both have to go in together; the
> excuses are showing that if you move only one in, it breaks the
> other.  Send a message to debian-release@lists.debian.org asking for
> them to add a "hint" so that the two packages can go in
> simultaneously.
>
> No point doing so until the hppa build problem is dealt with though;
> a "hint" specifies particular version numbers, so if you have to
> make a new upload, you need to ask for a new hint.

swt-gtk 3.1-2 is all ready to move into testing [1], but it's being
held back by swingwt, which it make "uninstallable on arm". swingwt is
a library that, so far, no other packages use. To me, getting swt-gtk
into testing is far more important waiting for swingwt to get sorted.
swingwt has a couple issues that may take a while, such as a GCJ
internal compiler error on HPPA. Can swt-gtk 3.1-2 be pushed into
testing?

Thanks,
Shaun

[1] http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=swt-gtk