Re: clarifications on bjorn.haxx.se

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 02:19:51PM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
> * gutenprint tries to enter testing, but makes
> cupsys-driver-gimpprint-data (only in testing) uninstallable
>
> => remove cupsys-driver-gimpprint-data from testing?

First of all cupsys-driver-gimpprint-data is part of gimp-print,
so the question is, why does get gimp-print not removed from testing
despite beeing removed from unstable? Try to find out. Probably
we need a hint that gimp-print needs to be removed together with
bringing the new version of gutenprint in. Lets try that :)

> * burgerspace is waiting for gengameng and vice versa, they also make
> each other uninstallable
>
> => hint for burgerspace and gengameng to enter testing together?

Hint added

> * libmath++, libcapsinetwork and monopd
>
> => hint for them to enter testing together?

Hint added

> * libpolyxmass and polyxmass-bin
>
> => hint for them to enter testing together?

Hint added

> * libstatgrab and pystatgrab
>
> => hint for them to enter testing together?

Hint added

> * linux-ntfs and testdistk
>
> => hint for them to enter testing together?

Hint added

> * rlog and encfs
>
> => hint for them to enter testing together?

Hint added

> * slang is in freeze
>
> => contact maintainer to ask if testing migration would be appropriate?

You could also just ask Joey (Hess) to take a look and unfreeze it.

> * icu makes libxercesicu2{5,6} (only in testing) uninstallable
>
> => remove libxercesicu2{5,6} from testing?

No. xerces2{56} need to be build on m68k, then we can hint them all
in together. The binary<->source perspective error again ;)

> * libnjb, neutrino and gnomad2
>
> => hint for them to enter testing together?

Hint added

> * vdr, vdr-plugin-bitstreamout, vdr-plugin-console, vdr-plugin-dvd,
> vdr-plugin-femon, vdr-plugin-freecell, vdr-plugin-games, vdr-plugin-mp3,
> vdr-plugin-osdteletext, vdr-plugin-prefermenu, vdr-plugin-remote,
> vdr-plugin-vcd, vdr-plugin-weather
>
> => hint for them to enter testing together?

Urgs...
Hint added

> * Updating scim makes 3 non-depending packages uninstallable on alpha:
> scim-hangul, scim-m17n, scim-uim
>     * scim-hangul has the latest version in testing (0.1.2-1)
>     * scim-m17n has the latest version in testing (0.1.3-1)
>     * scim-uim has the latest version in testing (0.1.3-2)
>
> => how should this kind of problem be solved?

Hmm, I'm a bit confused by the relationships between these
packages but a good guess after a first glance would be to
recompile these three packages against the new scim so that
they depend on libscim8 instead of scim. Perhaps the conflict
of libscim8 on scim (<< 1.2.0) is confusing britney? (And should
perhaps have been a replaces anyway?)
I've added a hint for scim and scim-chewing now, let's see if
that changes anything.

> Thanks for your time.

Thanks for yours as well :)

Gruesse,