Re: mpich C++ transition status

Russ,

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 06:11:49PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Here is the current status of the mpich/hdf5/lam migration.

> lam is currently building on m68k, after which point hdf5 needs to be
> requeued on m68k, and then once it builds various other packages will need
> requeues on m68k because they're blocked waiting for hdf5.

Great, thanks for sticking with this.

Things are far enough along that I've gone ahead and added a preliminary hint
for lam/mpich, visible at
<http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/hints/vorlon>.  This will let us get
feedback via http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_output.txt.gz in
subsequent britney runs, so we can see at a glance what issues are still
outstanding, and also catch any problems that weren't visible to the naked
eye.

Since m68k is still not catching up very well, I'm forcing consideration of
all the related packages where m68k is the only architecture we're missing.
From your list, there are still the following packages in need of
builds/uploads on other architectures, according to the output of the last
britney run: pytables, rmpi, scalapack, semidef-oct, octave-gpc, and
parmetis.  In addition, plplot needs an ftp-master to remove the
plplot9-driver-gnome binaries from unstable.

If you aren't already familiar with it,
http://people.debian.org/~igloo/status.php is a useful resource for getting
an at-a-glance view of the build status of multiple packages across all
architectures.  You may want to load this list of packages up into that
page, and see if there are any build failures that might require additional
hand-holding.

At any rate, pretty much all new package uploads right now are being blocked
by gcc-4.0 -- I haven't looked, but the symptoms smell like a libgcc shlibs
bump on hppa, or possibly on all archs.  So, back to working on that problem
for a while...