Should we release lukemftpd with sarge?

I'm wondering whether lukemftpd should be released with sarge or not.
Noah Meyerhans filed a critical security bug in August 2004 (#266370).
This has been fixed in an NMU but Noah also raised this point:

| It seems that lukemftpd no longer exists, at least not by that name.
| In the NetBSD vulnerability report you'll find the following:
|                 pkgsrc  net/lukemftpd:  Update pkgsrc, this package was
|                                           renamed to tnftpd
| So it seems to me that this package has been superceded upstream.  IMHO,
| we need to drop this package from Debian and (assuming somebody's
| interested) package tnftpd in its place.

I asked Takuo KITAME (the maintainer of lukemftpd in Debian) what he
thinks but never got a response.  IMHO we shouldn't release lukemftpd
with sarge but I'm not sure I'm in a position to make that call.

What do the release people think?
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/