Re: Please allow geneweb to testing

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 07:51:13AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> I've just discovered that geneweb which I thought was in correct state
> for sarge is indeed blocked by the freeze since May 2nd.

> It probably missed the deadline by a very short delay unfortunately.

Approved.

> geneweb (4.10-8) unstable; urgency=low
>
>   * Rebuilt to remove CVS directories from the uploads
>     and add the CAN-2005-0391 mention in the previous release
>   * debian/control:
>     - Move iso-codes and adduser to Pre-Depends
>       Closes: #307153
>   * debian/geneweb.default:
>     - File removed as it is now created during the configuration process
>       Closes: #307155

Note that writing out config files from your debconf config script is
considered bad practice; the actual writing is expected to take place in the
postinst, since the config script can run before the package is unpacked
(and therefore possibly before parent directories are present).

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer