Re: GNUnet 0.6.6b-3 to enter Sarge

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 08:30:45PM +0200, Arnaud Kyheng wrote:
> Steve Langasek wrote:
> > On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 10:51:31AM +0200, Arnaud Kyheng wrote:

> >>Dear Release Managers,

> >>Actually GNUnet 0.6.6b-1 is in Sarge, and I would like to replace it
> >>with GNUnet 0.6.6b-3 which is actually in Unstable.

> >>Between the two versions there are:
> >>- - Updated Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR) translation (latest is from
> >>Guilherme de S. Pastore)
> >>- - New Czech (cs) translation (Miroslav Kure)
> >>- - 3 Minor fixes in the Debian packaging and the Debian documentation,
> >>closing 2 severity important bugs. The upstream source is unchanged, and
> >>there is no patch added.

> > Approved, but it's now too late for urgency=low uploads to reach testing
> > before the target release date.

> Thanks a lot. We've just uploaded a 0.6.6b-4 which is just a bump
> revision number of -3 and is set with urgency=high, in order to give it
> a chance to enter Sarge.

Never do this.  The release team can override the propagation delay for an
already-uploaded package; reuploading like this just adds to the load on
autobuilders and decreases your chances that gnunet will be built and
uploaded on all architectures in time for the release.

It is also an abuse of the urgency field to claim that a set of translation
updates and documentation fixes are highly urgent...

> It would be great if you could unblock it.

I've done so, but the chances of the package getting in are now lower than
before, not higher.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer