Re: Including Sarge Release Notes on first CDs

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 12:47:33AM +0200, Santiago Garcia Mantinan wrote:
>> Correct me if I'm wrong but these are based on the manuals provided by the
>> latest debian-installer-manual package and not on the latest SVN sources.
>> Am I right? Just curious, since there have been updates and improvements to
>> the english version of the manual, new translations have been made and
>> available translations have been reviewed since the debian-installer-manual
>> was last uploaded (March this year)
>
>Well, they are provided by debian-installer, so they come from the rc3 of
>debian-installer, the question is... should we use these?
>
>should both the manuals and the Release-Notes be updated in the ftp?
>
>Well, I believe that if the cds should include the new versions, then the
>ftp should be updated, just my opinion though.

Yes, for the manuals.

>However, if we should include newer versions of the manuals and
>release-notes in the cds, we need to know what to add and where to get them
>from, so somebody from the release team should speak about that.

I'm working on the release notes now, with fjp and djpig. I'm hoping
to fit them in - update soon. Maybe we'll need to do a quick dry run
tomorrow of CD#1 in each set, to check all fits OK.

"I can't ever sleep on planes ... call it irrational if you like, but I'm
 afraid I'll miss my stop" -- Vivek Dasmohapatra