Re: Please approve raidtools2 1.00.4

Hi Martin,

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 01:34:07PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> I've just uploaded the new raidtools2 1.00.4 package and it has been
> accepted and will go into unstable today.  Please approve it for
> testing too.

> This is a small transitional package to make the transition from
> raidtools2 (which was removed a while ago) to mdadm smoother.  It
> contains a dependency on mdadm and has a NEWS.Debian file with some
> upgrade hints.

How extensively has this upgrade path been exercised?  I'm concerned that
since the transitional package doesn't include any logic for converting
existing configurations from raidtools2 to mdadm, it may be worse for users
than not having any transitional package at all; and as this is a very
last-minute upload, we really can't count on general user testing in
unstable before we release. :/

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek