Re: Release update: editorial changes to the testing propagation scripts

Ganesan,

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 02:15:00PM +0530, Ganesan Rajagopal wrote:
> >   - If your package needs to be updated for sarge, and the version in
> >     unstable doesn't contain extraneous changes (e.g, the version is the
> >     same between testing and unstable), please upload your fix to
> >     unstable and contact debian-release@lists.debian.org.

> I've just uploaded ipsec-tools_0.5.2-1_i386.deb and racoon_0.5.2-1_i386.deb
> (source package ipsec-tools-0.5.2) to unstable. The version in testing is
> 0.5.1-1. Even though upstream version has changed, this is a purely bug fix
> release and has some important fixes that should get into sarge.

> I have been pushing upstream for this release for a few days and the release
> was made just today. Do I also need to upload to testing-proposed-updates or
> will the unstable version be pushed automatically?

Please read the guidelines provided in the freeze announcement about what
updates are being accepted during the freeze, and wehat information the
release team needs to be able to approve a request.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer