Re: libpng planned changes for etch

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 09:49 -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:
>
> > * Removal of the libpng3 binary package, as only 2 packages in sarge
> > still depend on this one. Maybe we can keep it, though, as some
> > third-party binaries could require libpng.so.3.
>
> I get rather a longer list from apt-get rdepends; which two are you
> speaking of?

On a testing/unstable system that was updated a couple of days ago, I
get:

adam@kaa:~$ apt-cache rdepends libpng3
libpng3
Reverse Depends:
  xmovie
  vgrabbj
  crafted

Of those, xmovie is in contrib, which may be why Joss didn't include it.

The last uploads of those packages were September 2002, January 2003 and
September 2002, respectively. There's no record in the BTS of any
maintainer activity relating to the packages' bugs since mid 2003.

Regards,

Adam