Please tag this bug sarge-ignore

Dear release team,

frank@kuesterei.ch (Frank Küster) wrote:

> There's one more small point, the license of the documentation. The info
> files currently don't permit modification,

Since there were similar problems all over the source and we talked
about exactly that issue, this should be covered and fixed by the
author's statement earlier in the bug:

,----
|  My intention has always been GPL pure and simple, same as linux.
`----

(I am confident this will be more clear in a new upstream version, but it
doesn't seem as if this new version would be in time for sarge.)

> and the user's guide and
> install manual are under GFDL. You might have heard that Debian has a
> problem with the GFDL, while the FSF recommends it (and delegations of
> both groups are currently trying to sort this out). I don't want to
> bother you with these discussions. But to put it simple:

This is still unsettled, I think - the author never said anything about
the GFDL'ed parts, and I wasn't particularly clear in stating that we
think the GFDL is non-free.  Therefore I think this must be looked at
again after sarge, but it's one of the usual sarge-ignore RC bugs.

Kind regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich