Re: sarge security status

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 01:38:02AM +0100, Adeodato Simó wrote:
>   Sadly, due to the mipsel binaries being built much later than for
>   other arches, kdelibs now depends on the aspell transition too.

>   FWIW, the flac6 transition depends on gtk+2.0 for a similar reason
>   (timidity-interfaces-extra is built against gtk 2.6 in mipsel only).

Is the release still so far away, that is not worth telling maintainers
not to upload libraries that require transition? I understand we don't
have tools to make a "shlibs freeze", and even if such existed, we
can't stop maintainers from uploading libs with changed abi without
changing shlibs... Still I think it would be worth reminding
maintainers that libary transitions will slow down the release.