Re: [Fw] Accepted kaffe 2:1.1.4.PRECVS7-1 (powerpc all source)

Tue, 8 Feb 2005 23:00:35 -0800,
Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi Arnaud,

Hi Steve,

>> PS: this release does not have a working gjdoc (gjdoc is a very
>>     important peace for free java)
>
> I agree that this is important; unfortunately, with kaffe having been
> broken as long as it has, I've had to start looking at what would be
> required to remove from testing those packages that FTBFS with the
> current gjdoc.  Is the next upload that you mention going to fix the
> gjdoc problems?

A lot of packages could be build without documentation but it's not a
very good thing. So what I'd like is to have gjdoc fit and well and then
rebuild all those packages with the documentation.

When will you remove those packages?

>> Is it possible to let people test this package, then the one next
>> week, and if everything is ok by the end of February, let kaffe hit
>> Sarge?
>
> If we can actually count on kaffe/gjdoc being fixed and final by the
> end of February, I think this is very good news.

We'll try to have everything fixed for the FOSDEM (latest w-e of
February) <http://www.fosdem.org/2005/index/dev_room_classpath>

> Hopefully your tests before uploading the new version will include
> checking on bugs #279374 and #285203 and fixing anything that needs to
> be fixed on the kaffe side to get rid of these bugs.

I think gjdoc already has those bugs fixed. The problem is that a bug
has been introduced in Classpath and gjdoc does not build no more. This
bug should be solved in a very near futur.

> Also, is #286264 still an open issue, or should it be considered closed with
> the most recent upload?

I'll check for this one, maybe it's already fixed by this upload. I'll
contact Mark to see if it's solved.

Steve, thanks for your comments, I'll let you know when I'll have more
news.

Cheers,

- --
  .''`.