tiff 3.7.1-1 somehow migrated to testing

Somehow tiff 3.7.1-1 migrated to testing though it shouldn't have.  I
haven't looked into this, but I'm guessing there must have been some
kind of race condition.  3.7.1-2 was uploaded to close an RC bug on
the 10th day for 3.7.1-1.  I'm *guessing* that the testing scripts
must have run after the bugs were closed (automatically from the
upload) but before 3.7.1-2 showed up as the current version in
unstable.  Sorry if I'm being vague -- I'm not familiar enough with
the exact details of how this works and don't want to take the time
right now to investigate prior to alerting the release team of this
issue.

Bottom line: 3.7.1-1 has an RC bug: the -dev package has incorrect
dependencies.  This bug is fixed in 3.7.1-2 which was uploaded as
urgency low.  How should we fix this?  One possibility would be to
bump the urgency of 3.7.1-2 and let it go into testing.  Another
possibility would be to somehow force 3.6.1-5 back into testing, but
it would be a real shame to have to add an epoch to the version for
this.  3.7.1 had no other bugs reported against it, and neither did
3.7.0 during its time in experimental.  To me, bumping the urgency of
3.7.1-2 seems like the least offensive way to work around the problem,
but I of course defer to people with more expertise and experience.

Also, if 3.7.1-1 moved to testing because of the race condition I'm
speculating about, this should be fixed.  Where should I report the
problem?

(Alternatively, tiff 3.7.1-1 didn't migrate to testing but
packages.qa.debian.org/tiff says it does.  I still see 3.6.1-5 in
ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/t/tiff, but I'm not aware of when
this gets updated exactly.  Another race condition?)

--
Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org>
http://www.ql.org/q/