Re: Final polishing of the KDE 3.3 transition

* Steve Langasek [Sun, 02 Jan 2005 20:23:11 -0800]:

> This bug is now closed.

  thanks.

> I agree that the impact of the KDE blockage is sufficient that we shouldn't
> be holding KDE out of testing for bugs that aren't specific to unstable.

  ack.

> >             (but: <vorlon> I think I prefer to lie about the severity
> >             rather than lie about the tags; Kamion may have a different
> >             opinion as a bugmaster.)

> This preference isn't strong enough that I would want it to hold anything
> up; all the options are kludges, so we might as well pick one and get on
> with things.

  we'll go with lowering to 'important', with an attached explanation.

> This is not really a major concern; if there are RC bugs that haven't been
> detected yet, there's no sense in sitting around waiting for them to be
> filed.  If you have specific issues in mind that you suspect may be RC, it
> would be best to investigate them before the affected packages reach
> testing, of course.

  no, no specific issues in mind. I throw away and forget about (d) now.

                                 * * *

  so, we'll be downgrading the security bugs to important now, right?,
  and aiui the transition can happen in today's britney run (provided
  that today's dinstall picks kdeedu/mipsel and britney sees it, which
  is what happens if iuic).

  thanks for your time and your excellent work.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.  Therefore all
                -- George Bernard Shaw