Re: Problem with octave-plplot

On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 11:46:23PM +0100, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
> The message below reports a bug involving two packages in sarge that are out
> of sync, due to an API-related problem.  This is a RC bug (although no bug
> report has been filled) which is fixed in sid.  What should we do?

Please open an RC bug report, tagged sarge, against one (or both) of the
packages to document this issue.

Have steps been taken to ensure this kind of API-skew doesn't affect testing
in the future, or do you need help from the release team to craft a solution
to that problem?

The problems with gcc-3.4 blocking numerous packages have been sorted out,
thanks to Anthony Towns, so the only remaining issue holding plplot and
octave2.1 out of testing is that the powerpc binaries for octave2.1 have
gone missing.  I've cc:ed the powerpc buildd maintainer to apprise him of
this issue.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer