Re: Bits from the release team: the plans for etch

Hi,

Luk Claes wrote:
>>>0-day NMUs are fine, as long as it is emphasized that it's only
>>>appropriate if the usual maintainer doesn't work on the issue. I.e. you
>>>either need to try to contact the developer or only operate on
>>>reasonably "old" bugs; better both.
>>>
>>>Otherwise things like
>>>
>>>    http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=308406
>>>
>>>will happen more often, and I expect even more stupid things. As seen in
>>>this example, we also need to stress that NMUs must be done with special
>>>care and responsibility. And the NMUer needs to be sufficiently skilled
>>>to work on packages otherwise unknown to him.
>

> I don't like these pseudo personal attacks. I don't know what you want
> to imply about my skills, but I'd rather have that you at least Cc me on
> insults like these could be. I hope that this is not meant as one, but
> who will say?

Sorry, it wasn't meant as a personal attack. Rather a general call to
the release team.

(If there is a way to anonymize bugs to refer to them, I will use it
next time.

BTW: My mail didn't include any personal reference. Failing the above
feature, would it be more appropriate to write: "No, I don't mean that
Luk Claes is stupid."? ;-)

Keep cool.

bye,
  Roland