Re: Bringing the 2.6.13 (and beyond) kernel to sid, solving ramdisk generations issues and stuff.

On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 09:00:38PM +0900, Horms wrote:

> > > I vote for the later.
> >
> > Hehe, but this does suppose we create now another branch and start porting the
> > patches and configs, i see nobody volunteering to do that.
>
> I vote for not creating another breach. I vote for moving to .14
> (or some -rc variant thereof). Its unlikelty to make much difference
> on the initrd front and saves duplication of effort that is inherent
> in the more branches approach.

Well, but are we really ready to lose the relative stability of the 2.6.13
packages now and redo all the patch triaging and config file fixing ? I am
perosnally strongly in favour of going with 2.6.14-rc4 (in a 2.6.13.99-1
package), but we need at least to rework on the patches to do that. I will not
be able to do that, except for powerpc, and i see nobody prepared to do it,
unless you and waldi just volunteered to do this before monday :)

Friendly,

Sven Luther