Re: Cancel removal of firebird2

* Damyan Ivanov [Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:56:50 +0300]:

> Steve Langasek wrote:
> > I've dropped the hint.  No update of firebird2 in testing is possible until
> > the Qt transition completes, however.

> This is strange. firebird does not depend on Qt, it's the other way around.

  But this doesn't mean that firebird2 will be able to enter testing
  before Qt; according to how testing works, firebird2 and Qt will have
  to enter _together_.

> Recent firebird2 upload was in fact inspired by request of Christopher
> Martin (CC-ed) - one of Qt maintainers, who also sponsored the upload.
> My impression was that he wanted firebird2 to enter testing *before* Qt,
> so Qt can continue to include support for firebird, which is now
> impossible with current testing packages of firebird2, since they're
> build with the old C++ ABI.

  Before or together, does not make a difference. He just wanted to have
  transitioned firebird2 packages in unstable so firebird support could
  be reenabled back in Qt.

  So just wait, as everybody else, on the Qt/KDE migration being ready. :)

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple.
                -- Oscar Wilde