Re: cln is scheduled for removal?

* Richard B. Kreckel (kreckel@ginac.de) [050906 21:57]:
> According to [0], cln is scheduled for removal.  This is a refreshing new
> twist: to remove a package once all critical bugs have been fixed!
>
> Please, can someone confirm that this is some piece of disinformation?

The package is not yet built on mips, but needs to be updated in testing
before the next gcc-4.0 version can go in. Also, the gcc-4.0-transition
starts to become too large. For this reason, it is _temporarily_
removed, but will go in again as soon as possible.

I know that this is very unpleasant for you, but actually, we have way
too many open transitions, and need to resolve some of them very fast.
We resolved glibc with a very large hammer (i.e. ignored that gcc-4.0
would have had to enter testing at the same time), and are now working
on resolving the next ones.

Cheers,
Andi