libkpathsea transition (was: Transition status; please no new shlib bumps)

Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:

> Further transitions
> ===================
> Please don't do.
>
> Any further transition has the potential to make it even harder to bring
> packages to testing, as this makes the barrier for packages to go to
> testing even higher.

Would it be acceptable to upload tetex-bin_3.0 with the binary packages
libkpathsea4(-dev), if at the same time we make sure that libkpathsea3
is still available?  We could drop the "Provides: libkpathsea-dev" from
libkpathsea4-dev, so that no packages accidently gets compiled against
the new library.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster