Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r385 - trunk/debian

El Jueves, 21 de Julio de 2005 18:00, David Nusinow escribió:
> Nope, sadly -4 is in the archive already since I messed up a couple of
> things in -3. -4 is in good shape so far though, so it may be able to go in
> to testing. While I'm tempted to get -5 with your SELinux fix in first, I
> think unblocking things like gnome from migrating to testing is probably
> more important.

	David, that is impossible, as xorg-x11 has several grave and serious bugs as
today. We should fix them before. And the other option, to downgrade the bugs
or manually force the release to testing, ends in the same blocker: the
release team. They have the last word.

	Do not forget the gcc-4.0/libvgahw.a bug as well. I would like to ship
well-built code in testing. As Eugene stated a couple of days ago, there are
spreaded volatile's all along the code, not only in libvgbahw.a.

	I think that we should concentrate on current unstable release, now that
(hopefully) compiles on every architecture, and we are not blockers for KDE
or GNOME or whatever other graphical package.

	Migration from xfree86 packages to xorg ones are far from perfect. I strongly
think that we must keep the number of users small until we achieve maturer
packages.

	Our priority now would not have to be to cause that the packages arrive at
testing, but to leave them in unstable some time until the things calm.

	Best regards,

		Ender.
--
Oh, I saw...Very American. Fire enough bullets and hope
 they hit the target!