Re: Preparation of the next stable Debian GNU/Linux update (I)

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 09:18:16 +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:

> Preparation of the next stable Debian GNU/Linux update
>
> An up-to-date version is at <http://people.debian.org/~joey/3.1r1/>.
>
> I am preparing the (most probably) last revision ever of the current
> stable Debian distribution (woody) and will frequently send reports so
> people can actually comment on it and intervene whenever this is
> required.  It is scheduled for any time now.
>
> If you disagree with one bit or another, please reply to this mail and
> explain why these things should be handled differently.  There is
> still time to reconsider.

I notice kernel updates are missing from this list.  We are still sitting
on the ABI-changing netfilter frag leak fix; there are also numerous
other security fixes that the kernel needs.  I've spoken to joeyh about
this, and he's fine with the kernel package name change.  So, our plan is
to upload to stable-proposed-updates, and the d-i folks will update
sarge's d-i for the new kernels.  Martin, do you have any problems
with this?